Application Fees and Billing
Make a Payment
All Payments made to the Ohio Power Siting Board must include this payment form.
Make Checks Payable To:
Treasurer, State of Ohio
Fund 5610 (please include Case Number on check)
Treasurer, State of Ohio
Columbus, OH 43260-3603
*The "Payment Address" does not accept UPS or FedEx deliveries. If using one of these carriers, please send payment to:
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (Power Siting)
Attn: Fiscal Department
180 East Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
Standard Application Cases
The fee structure for Power Siting cases can be found in Ohio Administrative Code 4906-3-12 "Application fees and board expenses," as well as in the tables below.
Expedited Accelerated Applications
- Accelerated applications include Letters of Notification (BLN) and Construction Notices (BNR)
- The fee structure for these cases can be found in Ohio Administrative Code 4906-6-04.
- An applicant may request expedited review of a BLN or BNR application by filing such request in the case and submitting an additional non-refundable fee of $2,000, pursuant to Ohio Administrative Code 4906-6-04.
- Amendment cases include revisions to certificated full application cases, including generation (BGA) and electric/gas transmission (BTA).
- No deposit required. Expenses are currently being billed on an hourly basis.
The Ohio Administrative Code establishes a framework under which the Ohio Power Siting Board is to charge applicants for the costs of conducting investigations and reviewing of applications for approval of major utility facilities. The following is a brief summary of the relevant provisions of the administrative rule:
- Rule 4906-3-12(A) of the Ohio Administrative Code requires the Chairman of the Ohio Power Siting Board (Board) to provide applicants with an annual summary of all costs by case number, showing fees received and Board expenses.
- Rule 4906-3-12(E) allows the Chairman to charge an applicant a supplemental application fee. If the initial application fee is determined to be inadequate, then the applicant may be invoiced for expenses associated with the application.
- Rule 4906-3-12(F) requires the Chairman to determine, at the end of the calendar year in which a certificate is issued, if the application filing fee was adequate. If the fee was inadequate, the Chairman is required to invoice the applicant for the amount of the shortage, and to do so at least annually thereafter, until the project is completed. Final reconciliation, including refunds, will be done in the calendar year in which the applicant notifies the Board that the project has been completed.
- Rules 4906-3-12(H) and (I) allows the Chairman to invoice all other Board expenses at cost, including the review of Letters of Notification and Construction Notices. Applicants requesting expedited processing of a Letter of Notification or a Construction Notice are also required to pay an additional fee at the time of filing.