Power Siting Rules and Statutes
Procedural Filing Requirements
On November 18, 2010, the Ohio Power Siting Board issued an entry in Case No.10-2404-GE-WVR to permit Electronic Filing in all Power Siting cases. Hard copy requirements are waived except for certificate applications under Rule 4906-1-11(B), O.A.C. For certificate applications, e-filers must still provide 25 copies along with a cover letter notifying the Docketing Division that the application was e-filed.
For more detailed information and instructions on e-filing and requirements for hard copy submission, please see Electronic Filing
- Chapters in 4906, O.A.C. Proposed Power Siting Rules (Word Format)
- Chapters in 4906, O.A.C. Notice of Filing
Ohio Administrative Code
All Power Siting Board Rules are codified in the Ohio Administrative Code. The rules chapter links below are to the Lawriter, LLC website at http://codes.ohio.gov and are current as of the dates posted there. "DOC" links are to Microsoft Word files created by the OPSB staff and are current through the effective dates shown on the document. The OPSB staff attempts to verify and post all rules in a timely manner, but please notify us if you have any comments or there appears to be an error.
For further information about the rules adoption process, see The Rule-Making Process and Pending Rule Changes.
- Chapter 4906-01 - General Provisions (DOC)
- Chapter 4906-05 - Certificate Applications (DOC)
- Chapter 4906-07 - Procedure (DOC)
- Chapter 4906-09 - Enforcement Investigations (DOC)
- Chapter 4906-11 - Notification Requirements (DOC)
- Chapter 4906-13 - Applications for Certificates for Electric Generation Facilities (DOC)
- Chapter 4906-15 - Applications for Certificates for Electric, Gas, or Natural Gas Transmission Facilities (DOC)
- Chapter 4906-17 - Application Filing Requirements for Wind-Powered Electric Generating Facilities (DOC)
Ohio Revised Code
The Ohio Power Siting Board is authorized and controlled by Chapter 4906: Power Siting, of the Ohio Revised Code.
- 4906.01 Power siting definitions.
- 4906.02 Power siting board organization.
- 4906.03 Powers and duties of power siting board.
- 4906.04 Certificate required for construction of major utility.
- 4906.05 Certificate exemptions.
- 4906.06 Certificate application.
- 4906.07 Public hearing on application.
- 4906.08 Parties - testimony.
- 4906.09 Record of hearing.
- 4906.10 Basis for decision granting or denying certificate.
- 4906.11 Opinion stating reason for decision.
- 4906.12 Procedures of public utilities commission to be followed.
- 4906.13 No local jurisdiction.
- 4906.14 Joint proceedings.
- 4906.15 Repealed.
- 4906.20 Certificate required to construct certain wind farms
- 4906.97 Notice and hearing of complaint.
- 4906.98 Prohibited acts.
- 4906.99 Penalty.