Make a Payment
All Payments made to the Ohio Power Siting Board must include this Payment Form.
Make Checks Payable To:
Ohio Power Siting Board, Fund 5610 (please include Case Number on check)
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (Power Siting)
Finance Department, 4th Floor
180 East Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215
The fee structure for Power Siting cases can be found in Ohio Administrative Code 4906-3-12 "Application fees and board expenses," as well as in the tables below.
Standard Certificate Application - Gas Pipeline and Electric Power Transmission Lines
|Construction Cost ($)
|up to - 500,000
|$500,000 - 1,000,000
|1,000,001 - 2,000,000
|2,000,001 - 5,000,000
|5,000,001 - up
Standard Certificate Application - Electric Power Generation Plant and Associated Facilities
|Fifty cents (0.50) times the maximum kilowatt electric capacity, as determined by the estimated net demonstrated capability of the highest capacity alternative.
|The maximum application filing fee shall be one hundred fifty thousand dollars. ($150,000)
Accelerated Certificate Application - Expedited
- Requests for expedited treatment and fees, Ohio Administrative Code 4906-6-04
- An applicant may request an expedited review of an Accelerated Certificate Application (Letter of Notification or Construction Notice) by filing such request in the case and submitting a non-refundable fee of $2,000.
Amendment Certificate Application
- Amendment cases include revisions to Board certificated standard application cases.
- The Board is currently not accepting deposits for amendment cases.
The Ohio Administrative Code establishes a framework under which the Ohio Power Siting Board is to charge applicants for the costs of conducting investigations and reviewing of applications for approval of major utility facilities. The following is a brief summary of the relevant provisions of the administrative rule:
- Rule 4906-3-12(A) of the Ohio Administrative Code requires the Chairman of the Ohio Power Siting Board (Board) to provide applicants with an annual summary of all costs by case number, showing fees received and Board expenses.
- Rule 4906-3-12(E) allows the Chairman to charge an applicant a supplemental application fee. If the initial application fee is determined to be inadequate, then the applicant may be invoiced for expenses associated with the application.
- Rule 4906-3-12(F) requires the Chairman to determine, at the end of the calendar year in which a certificate is issued, if the application filing fee was adequate. If the fee was inadequate, the Chairman is required to invoice the applicant for the amount of the shortage, and to do so at least annually thereafter, until the project is completed. Final reconciliation, including refunds, will be done in the calendar year in which the applicant notifies the Board that the project has been completed.
- Rules 4906-3-12(H) and (I) allows the Chairman to invoice all other Board expenses at cost, including the review of Letters of Notification and Construction Notices. Applicants requesting expedited processing of a Letter of Notification or a Construction Notice are also required to pay an additional fee at the time of filing.